During these summer months, what better way than to take a dip in the pool to get some exercise?
Whether it’s on your own or as part of a swim class, not only is swimming a great way to cool off and have some fun, but it’s also one of the most efficient and strain-free ways to exercise! Swimming has been shown to build endurance, muscle strength and cardiovascular fitness. It also helps maintain a healthy weight, tones muscles and builds strength. And it’s fun for the whole family!
If you’re looking for some places to swim in Calgary, look no further! Here are the top five places for you and your family to go swimming in Calgary:
- Calgary has outdoor swimming pools located throughout the city, here are a few of them:
- Calgary YMCAs have some of the largest indoor swimming pools in Calgary. Visit this site for a full listing of YMCA swimming pools.
- Post-Secondary institutions in Calgary also offer public swimming. Check out the SAIT Aquatic Centre, Mount Royal University and the University of Calgary Aquatic Centre websites to get started!
- The City of Calgary has more than 10 swimming pools for you to enjoy year round! See the full list here.
- Bowview Outdoor Pool – 1910 6 Ave. NW
- Highwood Outdoor Pool – 25 Holmwood Ave. NW
- Mount Pleasant Outdoor Pool – 2310 6 St. NW
- Silver Springs Outdoor Pool – Silverridge Cl. & Silverridge Dr. NW
- South Calgary Outdoor Pool – 3130 16 St. SW
- Stanley Park Outdoor Pool – 4011 1A St. SW
- Calgary Lakes and Beaches: Calgarians are lucky enough to have a host of both natural and man-made lakes to choose from. Some of these include Edworthy Park, Sikome Lake, Bowness Park and Sandy Beach.