Hundreds of thousands of pancakes get served up to Calgarians and tourists during Stampede Week. Planning to host a pancake breakfast yourself, but looking to keep it clean? We’ve got your covered with this protein pancakes recipe, which makes eight servings (two pancakes per serving).
2 cups milk
¾ cup egg whites
1 ½ mashed bananas
3 tbsp chia seeds
3 scoops protein powder
1 1/3 cup whole-wheat flour or ground oats
1 ½ tsp baking powder
Optional Add-In’s + Toppings
Apple Rings + 1 tsp Cinnamon
Chocolate Chips or Carob Nibs
- Mix the milk, egg whites and chia seeds. Let stand for at least 20 min
- Add the mashed banana to the wet mixture.
- Combine the protein powder, whole-wheat flour and baking powder.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet and mix until just combined.
- Preheat pan to medium heat and use coconut oil spray or oil to prevent pancakes from sticking
- Drop 1/3 cup of mix onto pan for each pancake